Tensoft, Inc. is looking for a tech-savvy Software Support Intern to assist with first-line customer support. You will be supporting Dynamics 365 for Financials, Microsoft’s new SaaS ERP/accounting solution. This will be a great opportunity for the right person to learn some highly desirable job skills and gain experience in a corporate environment. And, since we routinely hire new college graduates, you’ll be able to benefit from interaction with colleagues at many levels of experience.
- Learn the required accounting software and earn any applicable certifications
- Apply accounting business requirement concepts to real-world accounting software scenarios.
- Assist clients in software issue resolution.
- Document actions taken during issue resolution, and complete follow-up as needed.
- Escalate high-level issues to other staff members as needed.
- Help clients troubleshoot, solve problems, understand how best to use their accounting software, and how to find additional resources for self-help.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and in excellent standing in a 4 year university as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Major in Accounting, Information Systems or closely related disciplines.
- Solid understanding of Accounting Principles strongly preferred.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
Learning and Experience Objectives:
- Gain practical understanding of business systems.
- Gain understanding of software customer support processes.
- Gain experience working in a fast-paced technology company.
- Gain experience working with accounting and business software tools.
- This position will require interaction with Operations, Accounting, Support, and company management. The primary task driven efforts will be provided by the COO.
- Bi-weekly meetings with company management will provide Q&A opportunities as well as time to solidify the learning experiences.
- There is no commitment guarantee, but this position may be extended beyond the initial internship period, in the right circumstances.
- The internship will average 10-20+ hours per week after training. Ideally, we prefer to hire interns who are seeking a longer term internship commitment, after an initial trial period.
- This is a paid internship, but no benefits are provided beyond salary and free drinks and snacks. Timecard entry for time spent is required.
1) We are a small, entrepreneurial software company.
2) We focus on solutions for the technology industry – including revenue management solutions for software companies and supply chain solutions for the semiconductor industry.
About Tensoft, Inc.
Our company culture is relaxed, fast paced, challenging, and fun; and our team is diverse, intelligent, and engaged – come join us!
Tensoft provides business management applications to automate industry-specific lifecycle processes for the semiconductor, technology and software industries. Tensoft’s business-ready solutions extend broad, horizontal ERP functionality to complete the most vertically demanding, high-tech needs through critically relevant content, domain expertise, embedded best practices and performance analytics. For over 19 years, technology companies worldwide have relied on Tensoft software and cloud-based services to power and improve their operations. Tensoft is headquartered in Silicon Valley with sales and support offices throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.